One of my favorite sources of music is being endangered by a take-down order sent by their local MAFIAA to their host. However, as they stated on their website as the news got out:
- The MAFIAA has no legal basis, it’s just scare tactics.
- Their host is not scared and will not comply (unless they have a court order, of course). Many hosts in the past were quickly intimated or bribed by the intellectual “property” police.
- They run very frequent backups, to various locations in the world.
- They have an idle server in an undisclosed location, twice as more powerful, just waiting in case of a police raid. Which would mean almost zero downtime, and a another waste of taxpayers’ money.1
The administrators who run these kind of websites – and I’m not only talking about piracy -, they are true modern heroes with big fucking balls. Thank you, guys.
And each time one of them is taken down, new ones, better, tougher, will emerge.
- Don’t think you pay for anti-piracy? Learn about “operation fastlink” and the other similar ones [↩]